Lure Fishing For Bass – Blog Posts
Some of you may already be aware of this, but I wanted to highlight that I write a fortnightly blog post for the online lure fishing company Lure Fishing For Bass – something that I have been completing this since April this year.
The posts have, so far, have encompassed subjects such as:
- Attempting to find that ‘all-round’ bass lure rod here.
- The lures that ‘I use’ for lure fishing for bass in darkness here.
- ‘Small’ hard, diving minnows and why I’ll always have some with me here.
- ‘Small’ surface lures – When and How I use them here.
- ‘How/Why’ the Savage Gear Line Thru Sandeel became a staple lure in my box here.
- ‘Large’ surface lures When and How I use them here.
- Long distance hard lures/minnows here.
- The Illex Nitro Sprat Shad ‘My Forgotten Lure’ here.
- The contents of my Book ‘The Lure of The Bass’ and why I decided to write it here.
- How a ‘weightier’ Needlefish lure has become a very useful asset for me here.
Plus, I have added some of my own theories into the mix with blog posts about the following:
- Whether bass are entirely creatures of habit or if there is a lot more to it? here.
- ‘Where’ in relation to the ‘water column’ bass could be feeding early in the season here.
- Whether a ‘new lure’ is more effective than an old battered one? here.
- Why August can be an excellent month for bass lure fishing, but also a very frustrating one here.
- Part 1 of a 3 part series of posts describing when I would stick with a lure, change it, or move to a different location here.
- Part 2 of a 3 part series of posts describing when I would stick with a lure, change it, or move to a different location here.
Finally, you’ll notice that I have added a new category on my Front Page Menu called Lure Fishing For Bass (or LFFB) – Blog Posts here. In addition to adding a link to any future articles for the LFFB website (they will appear as if they were being displayed as a post on the front page of this site) I will also keep a list of all legacy posts under this menu.
With the weather really taking a turn for the worse in recent days, it’s my hope that these posts (if you weren’t already aware of them) will provide you with something to read about bass lure fishing even if you’re not able to actually get out there and do it. Only two days ago (26 Nov) I managed to land a near 5lb bass on a weedless soft plastic lure, and with the sea temperatures remaining high the is most certainly the possibility of some more nice fishing being landed around the country in the run up to Christmas.
Thanks for reading.