LFFB Blog Posts – How I utilise Needlefish Parts 1+2
Once again, if you’ve already seen or read this series of articles (complimenting my recent article in Sea Angler Magazine here) that I wrote for the online lure fishing store Lure Fishing For Bass then I apologise in advance. However, from the regular messages and emails that I receive regarding their use, it appears that many of you out there are intrigued about how I go about fishing, and teaching my clients to fish these ‘big bass’ lures – the deadly Needlefish…
In Part 1 (here) I delve into:
- How I started using Needlefish lures.
- The attributes of the patterns/models that I routinely use…
- What I believe they may represent/imitate
- Their advantage over other lure types
- How I utilise them (darkness, sink rate and most importantly the retrieve style).
Part 2 (here) covers the type of ground/seabed that I use Needlefish with photographs of actual marks, including:
- Reefs (incorporating gullies, clefts, depressions and pools).
- What I personally term as ‘bass highways.’
As always, I welcome any feedback or observations you may have.
Thanks for reading